Tuesday 22 April 2014

[Make-up] Etude House - Oh! M'Eye Line eyeliner

Getting your eyeliner right is an essential part of any look. If you're like me you'll have tried a whole manner of different products to get that perfect wing; gel liners, while they're really easy to apply, they lack the definition I want, pencil liners are too thick and smudge so easily they leave me looking like a panda, and the applicators on my other liquid liners are far too wide and I end up covering half my eyelid when I'm trying to apply it! Not a good look.

That's when I found Etude House Oh! M'Eye Line liquid eyeliner. I'd been looking for a new eyeliner to wear for MCM Expo next month as my old gel liner had dried up and I happened to come across this. The first thing I noticed was how thin the applicator looked in the stock photo's, and thought I'd give it a try. I'd never bought any Etude House cosmetics before so I was a little unsure but I have to say, I'm not disappointed by them at all!



It's available in a choice of 3 shades: black, brown and grey. I only really wear black eyeliner so of course I bought it in black. When I first opened the box I was quite surprised at the size of the bottle. It's decribed as 5ml and I was expecting something a lot smaller. The handle/top is quite long, which (in my opinion) helps when you're applying as it gives you more control over the flow of the brush. If it was any smaller it'd be tricky to use.

The container is a plain black screw top bottle with the words 'Oh~ m'Eye Line' in a pretty cursive script. It's a very simple design, which is quite different from other Etude House products. Just as the stock images showed the applicator is a fine brush, which when used is nice and soft unlike some applicators which are solid, and gives a very smooth, fine, line. The applicator is quite versatile, you can achieve a nice variety of thick or thin strokes, depending on what style you prefer. This is definitely the best applicator I've used by far.

Unlike some liquid eyeliners I've used which are very faint, the colour is intense. It really stands out when it's on your eyes! One of my biggest pet peeves of liquid is how glossy they look even when they're dry, but Oh M'Eye Line has a wonderful matte finish, it takes hardly any time at all to dry and once it has it's completely smudgeproof. I even tried getting it wet and rubbing it and it stayed put, so your makeup will stay perfect no matter what the weather throws at you!

It really does stay put all day long and you don't need to touch it up at all, unless you rub it too much and then it will start to flake off. If that happens you can easily peel it away and reapply.

Now the important part. Price. You might be thinking to yourself "this eyeliner sounds amazing! I bet it costs a lot!" but you'd be wrong! I bought it from an online retailer for around £4 with shipping, bargain! (The Etude House website lists Oh M'Eye Line for 4,000원 [KRW] which is roughly £2.29 [GBP] not including shipping.) For what you're getting, this price is incredible. I don't know of any eyeliners that are waterproof, smudgeproof and apply so easily for under £10! And even though the size is only 5ml, it really goes a long way. You don't need much product at all so it'll last for ages. It's great value for money.

Honestly, I'm really struggling to find any negatives with this product. I think my one issue with it is that it dries very quickly. A little too quickly in fact. I've found that sometimes when I'm applying it I take too much time and the brush dries up a bit, which means I have to dip it back into the pot to get more product. It's a minor issue really.

I also think that the packaging is lacking, compared to some of the other more elegant and fancy products Etude House have in their range.

But other than that, this is a fantastic product and definitely my #1 liquid eyeliner. A staple of my makeup bag for as long as I can get my hands on it, that's for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment